March 3rd, 2006 – Damage Report

With a pile of pieces off the structure I could now investigate the problems and begin to assess the rebuild. I started with the easy pieces.


The keyboard cover was cracked across the front, putting a split through the manufacture’s label. The wood was also quite weathered. My first repair was to lightly sand down the piece and clamp the split with wood glue until strong.

Second I checked out the he topmost decorative vent (for lack of a better name).

It was well beaten and the fabric soiled. Further it too was cracked and the locking mechanism looked stiff and immobile.

Lastly I inspected the petals.


The fabric was worn through, as would be expected, and there were some signatures on the bottom, or notes.. writing none the less.