Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Yesterday I sanded the last plank down and prepared it for shaping.
Early this morning I put together some 2×4’s and built a drying rack.
After classes I came home and cut the sixth board into it’s symmetrical egg/oval shape. Then shaped it and cleaned it up. Drilled all three NEW boards (#4,5,6) and then set things up for sealing the boards.
It was the second go around with the epoxy. This time I used the entire allotment and got a fairly thick coat on the three new boards (#4,5,6), a bottom coat on the first long board (#3) and a second top coat on the first short board (#1).
Now they’re all drying. Hopefully cure time will not be quite as long as last time. The drying rack is inside.